[Tcs-lc] Taxonomic order anyone?

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Mar 30 02:52:16 PST 2005

Roger wrote:

> I am still after instance documents of version TCS 0.95
> if anyone has marked any up yet. Just half a dozen taxa
> would be fine.

I started building one this evening (attached).  It's still rudimentary --
it really only contains one concept definition at this point (id=-1223938773
in the attached), with an additional 15 TaxonConcept instances that are just
skeletal/supporting/referenced instances. I eventually plan to expand this
to include over 1500 TaxonConcept instances, based on relationships among
about 200 names, of which about half are currently regarded as valid
species.

I have all of this data in my Taxonomer database (from my Dissertation
research).  For now, I'm building the instance document by hand -- which is
tedious.  I thought about building an export routine that would do it all
automatically, but I decided to wait until TCS/LC stabilized a bit more.

In any case, if this is the sort of thing folks might find useful, I'll try
to find the time to expand it to include more TaxonConcept instances, more
Relationships, and add in Vouchers and RelationshipAssertions.

Before I commit a lot of time to it, though, I've already bumped up against
some things that I don't quite understand about TCS v0.95.  Too late tonight
to ask the questions, but I thought I'd send this file just to see if this
is heading in the right direction.

Aloha,