[tcs-lc] Draft TCS for voting announced

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Fri Mar 18 14:52:43 PST 2005

Hi Jessie,

MANY thanks for sending this! Great stuff, and it helps me refocus my
perspective.

A couple questions/comments:

> We have made a couple of small changes to version 0.09b, like changing
> Kingdom to Nomencode and moving rank into Name but nothing else as yet.

What about moving Nomencode to Name?

> Rather than fill your mail box with my thoughts please look at
http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=VotingDraftIntroduction

Great!  I would strongly encourage everyone on this list to read the content
at the URL above. For those folks who generally don't participate on Wikis,
just click on the link and think of it as a normal web page.

Now, a general question:  How/where shall we discuss the relevant issues?
On this email list?  On that wiki page? On another Wiki page?  I was
reluctant to add comments directly to the above-linked
"VotingDraftIntroduction" page, because it didn't seem like the right place
for discussion. Is there, or should there be, a "VotingDraftDiscussion"
page?  Or should comments be recorded somewhere on the
DraftStandardDiscussion and related pages?  One of the "Wiki-Warriors"
should lead us sheep on this.

For the time being, I will send a few comments I have on the contents of the
VotingDraftIntroduction to this email list, and will gladly transfer them to
the appropriate Wiki page when instructed where that should be.

> Before continuing discussion on any other possible modifications to the
> TCS we would appreciate if interested parties would take a step back from
> the details, reconsider what we are trying to do and address the question
> at the end of the document above. Once agreement is reached on that matter
> we can proceed with the schema finalisation.

I agree.  I think it would be most beneficial to address the big questions
first, before getting bogged down in the details part.

I will send my comments on the VotingDraftIntroduction page to this list
shortly.

Aloha,