[tcs-lc] Draft TCS for voting announced

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Fri Mar 18 10:04:31 PST 2005

Dear All

20th March is this Sunday so I've just emailed Walter to tell him that the TCS Wiki is the reference site for the voting draft for TCS. (Robert is updating the pages now - so be patient please...)
http://tdwg.napier.ac.uk

We have made a couple of small changes to version 0.09b, like changing Kingdom to Nomencode and moving rank into Name but nothing else as yet.

I spent time with Robert and we nearly came up with yet more proposals for what it should look like but decided we could go on ad-infinitum in this way and how can we ever really decide on any one of these over another.

So instead I stepped back and looked at what we had done and what was being proposed by LC and wondered whether or not there were (very) different goals. Rather than fill your mail box with my thoughts please look at
http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/tdwg/index.php?pagename=VotingDraftIntroduction

Before continuing discussion on any other possible modifications to the TCS we would appreciate if interested parties would take a step back from the details, reconsider what we are trying to do and address the question at the end of the document above. Once agreement is reached on that matter we can proceed with the schema finalisation.

Feel free to continue the discussion on this question either on the Wiki or on this list.

thanks very much,

Jessie

Prof. Jessie B Kennedy
School of Computing
Napier University
Merchiston Campus
10 Colinton Road	tel:	+44 (0)131-455-2772
Edinburgh		fax:   	+44 (0)131-455-2727
EH10 5DT		mobile:	07974948703
Scotland		email: j.kennedy at napier.ac.uk

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.