[tcs-lc] Next 4 days...

Gregor Hagedorn G.Hagedorn at BBA.DE
Wed Mar 16 02:25:05 PST 2005

> Maybe I should say that clearer. I am not proposing that these things be
> thought of as nomenclatural Names (with a capital) but we do need to
> have them as some sort of object so that we can say "This is an
> authographic variant of that".
>
> So every combination of letters is a name but only some of them are
> Names if that makes sense.

Object yes, but in accordance with Paul I think this object is really just a
string object. The orthographic variant is a perfect identifier for itself.

To avoid confusion, I would propose to not call is lower case "name" but
qualify the term by saying "orthographic variant name" or anything that suits
us.

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
Königin-Luise-Str. 19           Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203