[tcs-lc] Re: GBIF meeting in Brussels

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Mar 8 02:23:09 PST 2005

Hi Sally,

> How many of us are planning to be at GBIF 10 in April?

You can find participants list on
http://www.gbif.org/GB10/GB10reg/index_html
I can pick up people if you want, but is there a list
of tcs-lc subscribers to compare?  As my guess, similar to
or less than attended to TDWG 2004.

> Is there
> scope for convening a quick working group in or around that
> meeting?

20 April is a candidate because non-GB, non-NODE people may
be available.  I'll stay in UK 12 Apr. - 12 May except GB10,
FYI, but not so many are UK based.

> It seems to me that there are a lot of quick wins we could
> get if we were all discussing the schema around the same table -
> as long as we identified some clear areas of discussion before
> hand.

Absolutely.

Cheers,
JMS
--
Dr. Nozomi "James" Ytow
Institute of Biological Sciences / Gene research center