[tcs-lc] New Version of TCS announced

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Wed Apr 27 05:39:00 PDT 2005

Many thanks, Jessie!

I just had a quick look, and it seems that LC has been taken out of
TaxonConcepts/Name and placed instead in the top-level NameObjects/
container; and that the Name element & substructure within TaxonConcept has
been replaced with a single "Name" element to refer to a Name Object.

It also seems that ScientificName (LC) has been re-worked a bit internally.

Does this summarize the main differences between this version and 0.95? Or
am I missing something?

I'll have to digest this a bit more to make sure I understand the
implications.  At first glance, I think I still prefer treating the
"Nominal"-type TaxonConcept as the container for Name-object data (under
TaxonConcept).  But at this point, I don't think there is enough time to
wait for another major revision.

Aloha,
Rich