[tcs-lc] Order of elements in TCS schema

Roger Hyam roger at hyam.net
Fri Apr 15 03:53:26 PDT 2005

The order of publications, vouchers, names, taxon concepts is a bit of a
red herring as most non trivial programs will probably have to do some
'object juggling' of some kind anyhow. If, for example, you are
producing *only* TaxonConcept objects there are a vast number of
permutations of relationships between even only a few objects (congruent
to, parent of, child of etc). The script producing the document will
have to either construct a query very carefully or keep track of all the
other TCs that are referenced and whether or not they have been written
to the stream.

What I think will happen in most cases is that only 'fancy' (labelled)
pointers will be written in response to a query and thus the referencing
problem will go away in a great many cases and construction of the
schema will be quite simple.