[Tcs-lc] beyond schema design

Roger Hyam roger at hyam.net
Fri Apr 1 02:42:18 PST 2005

I think this is where I come in!

I believe it is my remit to come up with some demo applications over the
next couple of months (Insha'allah).

The idea is to serve TCS with the new Tapir protocol. As I get the data
sources working with the Tapir protocol I intend to write a kind of
proof of concept client to help with testing the querying of a TCS data
source. This will probably be a XSLT base thing that simply renders the
sophisticated (and productized) applications or it may just end up as a
development tool. The whole thing is intended to be a resource for
anyone else who may want to play with using the schema for whatever.

 From a GBIF perspective we would then be in a position to see how we
might index such resources, what we register in the UDDI etc.

Note the use of the words "may", "intend" and "probably" in the above.
Your mileage may vary but I certainly will produce something!

Roger