[seek] summary of status reports for Feb 2005

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 3 09:12:28 PST 2005

I've been somewhat remiss in summarizing status reports since the new
year. I'm reforming :) Here is the summary for the last two weeks in
February.  Please remember to submit a report of your prior week
activities by the close of business Monday each week. Thanks,

Matt

http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StatusReport21February2005
Summary

* SSDBM papers occupied much of our time
* Kepler
       o Kepler 1.0.0alpha4_1 released
       o Kepler developer's workshop was held in Juneau
       o KNB ans SEEK training workshop at UNM
       o NSF proposal submitted to extend Kepler for use on real-time
         data streams
* KR-SMS
       o New version of Growl released
* Taxon
       o Continued work on Taxonomic Concept Schema

http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StatusReport28February2005
Summary

* Kepler
       o Continued work on R integration
       o EML actor now supports multiple data tables in Kepler
       o Worked on making EcoGrid more scalable when many queries are
         launched simultaneously
* Taxon
       o Recruiting new scientist to work with BEAM and Taxon

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara