[seek] open demo period at SEEK annual meeting

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:57:34 PDT 2004

On Tuesday evening we will be having a reception and informal demo
session at the annual meeting.  We'll be kicking this off with an
informal demo of Kepler, the Taxon Name Service, and the EcoGrid web
site work.  After those have concluded, we want everyone who has
something to demo to have an opportunity to do so.

This open demo period will be extremely informal, with everybody walking
around and discussing what's of interest to them (beers in hand).  So,
if you have something cool to show, whether complete, incomplete, or
just a budding idea, please come prepared to demonstrate it.  There will
be a plasma display (plug your laptop in) to cluster around and a few
computers about, or you can use your laptop standalone.  I'm looking
forward to seeing  all of the cool stuff you work on.

Cheers,
Matt

P.S. The annual meeting agenda is a work-in-progress, but you can see
the evolving plan here:
http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=AnnualMeetingAgendaNovember2004
Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara