[seek] URGENT: MATERIALS FOR SEEK ANNUAL REPORT NEEDED ASAP!!!!

Mark Schildhauer schild at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 28 18:16:16 PDT 2004

Hello folks,

An emergency situation has arisen which requires that we all
*immediately* prepare materials for inclusion in the SEEK Annual Report,
which must be submitted to NSF no later than next Monday, August 2!!!

This means, given the complexity of our project, all project personnel
(PIs, subcontractors, software developers, etc.,  i.e., *everyone*
working on SEEK projects) should please immediately prepare materials to
report back to your institutional lead-PI or contact (SDSC: Ludaescher,
Rajasekar; KU: Beach; NCEAS: Jones, Schildhauer; UNM: Michener) by THIS
FRIDAY.

Emails are--
Ludaescher:  ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Rajasekar:   sekar at sdsc.edu
Beach:  beach at ku.edu
Jones:   jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Schildhauer: schild at nceas.ucsb.edu
Michener: wmichener at lternet.edu

Please---these items should be prepared as a highest priority, and
absolutely must be submitted to your institutional contact (see above)
by this Friday (so we have as much time as possible to collate, edit,
and assemble these into a coherent report).  At this point, we believe
that a report will be submitted by each of the four institutions listed
above, so it is important to route the materials appropriately.  Also,
please 'cc' Matt Jones (jones at nceas.ucsb.edu), Bill Michener
(wmichener at lternet.edu), and myself (schild at nceas.ucsb.edu) on any and
all materials that you submit.

We need information about any updates and advances accomplished over the
last year (roughly, from July 2003-present). Specifically, we need
reports on SEEK-related advances over the past year in: "research
activities and findings", "publications, presentations and products
(software, database, etc.)", and any updates as to the significance of
your work (over the past year) in terms of impacts on your principal
discipline as well as other disciplines.  Please update us as to any
changes in the status of any publications over the past year (e.g.,
submitted --> accepted) and report on any new developments that will
build upon what you provided us for last year's annual report.  Any new
collaborations or project personnel should also be described.

Unfortunately, both Matt Jones and Bill Michener are currently in
transit to a meeting in Portland, and may not yet be fully aware of the
situation (e.g., emails not yet read).  I expect that both of them will
probably be able to update themselves (email, voicemail) by this evening
or tomorrow at the latest, and we may receive some revision of this plan
by tomorrow (Thursday, July 29).  At this point, however, we are
proceeding on the assumption that we must INDEED submit all these
materials to NSF by next Monday at the latest, which means that we need
the materials from you ASAP!!!!

Thank you very much for helping out!

Cheers,
Mark S.

--
Mark P. Schildhauer, Ph.D. --  Director of Computing
NCEAS --  National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis