[seek] summary of status reports for 12 July 2004

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 13 11:58:01 PDT 2004

Here's this week's summary.  The full report is available on the web:

http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StatusReport12July2004

Matt

*  KR/SMS Group
    o Shawn is writing a new manual for the measurement ontology that
Rich is building
    o Shawn points out the need for us to really develop a well-thought
out approach to handling identifiers throughout SEEK

* Kepler group
   o Working on ontology-based browsing in Kepler to make it easier to
find data and actors
   o Some new actors for biodiversity calculations and running 'R'
scripts are available in Kepler
   o Working on data query UI design and implementing data query
functions for EcoGrid

* EcoGrid group
   o Loading new data into SRB, working on put interface for writing data
   o Jing is working on data query and subsetting interface for EcoGrid
   o Steve is starting to design and implement a web interface for
EcoGrid for the website

* Annual Report
   o The annual report to NSF is due. We will need a complete list of
SEEK-sponsored publications from all participants. I will send a
reminder email. Also, group leaders will be asked to write a summary of
this year's progress (Beach, Jones, Michener, Rajasekar, Schildhauer,
Ludaescher) for inclusion in the report using NSF's required format (see
last year's report).

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara