[seek-web] web site progress

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon May 24 10:11:18 PDT 2004

Hi Steve,

The web site is looking good.  I was looking it over this morning, and I
think the content is close enough to ready that we can go ahead and
deploy. As its a dynamic site, we can continue to improve the content
incrementally as needed. Here's a brief list of the things I think still
need to be done before we go production:

1) Create accounts for all SEEK project members
     Hopefully this will utilize LDAP, but ok if not
2) Move all material from old SEEK Wiki at Kansas to new site
3) Move meeting pages from the old seek site to the new wiki
    Once we move the old site away, the links will no longer work, so we
    need to fully update the external links here:
    http://lternet-227.lternet.edu:8080/seekwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Calendar
4) Images: we need some.  I tried uploading a png, but got an error
    when trying to atttach it. Any idea why?

Are there other items that you think need to be finished before we move
the server into production mode?

Thanks,
Matt