[seek-taxon] All Hands Meeting

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Thu Nov 16 15:52:10 PST 2006

All --

It's time to start planning the details of the Taxon breakouts for the
SEEK All Hands meeting in Santa Barbara.  I have a partial time conflict
with a meeting in Copenhagen on Monday, 11th, the first day of the SEEK
meeting, and will not be back to the US until Tuesday night.  I plan to
check with the travel agent tomorrow, to see if I can get to Santa
Barbara by late PM, I think that will be possible.

Currently we are scheduled for Monday afternoon and Tuesday.  I propose
that we do one of two things, (1) we keep the schedule and we work on
the agenda before the meeting and seek a volunteer to chair the meeting
in my absence.  Dave and Aimee, Susan and Steve Perry will represent KU.
Or if the group prefers and it works with current travel arrangements,
we could shift SEEK Taxon to Tues-Wednesday, in which case I could
participate for half of the time.

Any preferences?

Agenda to include:

TOS Update
Heather York, Carollia concept update
Mammals Use Case for Kepler
ConceptMapper update
TCS and Ontology updates
Objectives and Deliverables for 2007
Susan and Aravind progress with concept extraction
Modifying EML for TCS

-- Jim

James H. Beach
Biodiversity Research Center