[seek-taxon] 5th International Conference on Ecological Informatics

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 10:33:16 PST 2006

Hi Matt/Bill

We just had a SEEK taxon call and we were discussing the 5th
International Conference on Ecological Informatics and what we should
try and submit for it.

Could you please give us some advice....

Is the conference made up of ONLY the list of special sessions announced
on the web site or will it be these special sessions plus other sessions
determined from the abstracts submitted to the conference?

If it is only the special sessions then I think that there are only two
sessions that SEEK taxon might submit an abstract to:

Ecological applications of meta information concepts and semantic webs

Conveners: Bill Michener (Albuquerque), Matt Jones (Santa Barbara)

Ecological information processing and transfer

Conveners: Ellen van Donk (Amsterdam), Adam Marsh (Lewes)

None of us have ever been to this conference and we hope that you might
give us some indication of the areas that might be most sensible for
SEEK taxon to try and submit. We were thinking we could submit papers on
the taxonomic concepts model for ecologists, or on the taxonomic object
server, or on the either of the visualisation tools or.....

Would it be sensible to pick one (or more) specific topics e.g. the TOS
or to put in a SEEK Taxon perspective paper that we all contribute to?

Thanks for your help,

Jessie

Prof. J B Kennedy

School of Computing

Napier University

10 Colinton Road

Edinburgh

EH10 5DT

Tel: +44 (0)131 455 2772

Fax: +44 (0)131 455 2727

Email: j.kennedy at napier.ac.uk

WWW: http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/jessie

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.