[seek-taxon] FW: Observation WG - materials for your review (due Oct 26, 2005)

Lynn Kutner Lynn_Kutner at natureserve.org
Tue Nov 1 06:05:25 PST 2005

Bob -

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide very thoughtful and helpful notes on our evolving observation standard work. I'll be passing your email & writeup on to the rest of the team.

A couple of quick words of hopefully reassurance - identification information is a top priority for NatureServe data management and we have been managing taxon concept information as a part of our core dataset for several years. I have not yet done a thorough comparison of our data model to the most current taxon concept standard proposed to TDWG, but think that they are compatible. Also - we are definitely taking the approach of incorporating existing standards where relevant but had not yet fleshed out the details, so I greatly appreciate your comments / suggestions for various standards to follow for portions of the observation information.

I'm looking forward to additional feedback and collaboration!

Thanks -
Lynn

Lynn Kutner
NatureServe