[SEEK-Taxon] U Maryland project of making user-friendly tree displays

Bob Morris ram at cs.umb.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:32:13 PST 2005

Bederson is now the director of HCIL.

The Bederson work on ZUIs is incorporated in the Piccolo framework
http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/piccolo/, originally in Java, now released
for .NET in C#
Many of the applications use the Java version which is easy to use. For
example, we put a Piccolo ZUI on Mesquite in the metaphor used by
PhotoMesa, the $20 photo gallery program with a Piccolo (or may its
predecessor) interface and are doing one for our own Electronic Field
Guide software.

Bob Morris