No subject

Tue Mar 22 16:43:01 PST 2005

that not all definitions and their appropriate usage are clear. How
does that affect the data sources for GBIF ECAT? Do the data
providers first need to form their own opinion about concepts and how
their own work and data relates to the concept debate? This sounds -
perhaps is - polemical, but it does worry me. This is no argument
against TCS, but as far as I understand Jerry it is the reason why he
drew up LinneanCore - as an attempt from his own practice.

I believe we do need to think about communication here. It may be
that for a while it is better to have "two languages". (That is my
private feeling about LinneanCore. Before I get chastized again,
please Look at the the WIKI. I believe it shows that I concentrate
only on the things that fit when LC is a fully integrated part of
TCS!)

Gregor Hagedorn (G.Hagedorn at bba.de)
Institute for Plant Virology, Microbiology, and Biosafety
Federal Research Center for Agriculture and Forestry (BBA)
K=F6nigin-Luise-Str. 19           Tel: +49-30-8304-2220
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203