[SEEK-Taxon] realtionship types updated

Paterson, Trevor T.Paterson at napier.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 07:01:45 PDT 2004

Hi Aimee et al

Enclosed is an updated version of the documentation on the TCS wiki.

Table 2.3 has a resonably exhaustive list of all the relationships that people have asked for - along with some homemade definitions. (But we haven't had many people reviewing this as far as we can tell)

We have paired many symmetrical relationships - some others are naturally bidirectional.

We think that the set based relationsips and the child/parent ones are the most important for processing. (We suspect that the hybridisation relationships are not very important for taxonomists - but maybe they are for ecologists?).

If you get a chance you could print this off before the conference call to discuss then - speak to you soon.