[SEEK-Taxon] LinneanCore Wiki

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Nov 4 14:03:14 PST 2004

Hi Jessie,

Thanks -- you are right, LC does go beyond the ABCD field set in trying to
identify discrete name objects, with internal nomenclatural linkages (*NOT*
implied conceptual relationships).  My *strong* hope is that LC objects will
be, by definition, TCS "Nominal"-type objects, and will only exist in the
context of a TCS Nominal-type wrapper (not as objects that exist outside of
TCS).  When you have the time, please try to contribute to that section of
the Wiki discussion.

One thing that would be a great help would be if you or Robert or someone
else could send us a few (2 or 3) instance-cases of TCS "Nominal"-type
records, using the ABCD element set.  That way we can have some concrete
examples of TCS instances to test our ideas about wrapping LC instances
within TCS instances.  We are also working on some test-case examples that
we can send back to you folks.

Does there exist somewhere on the web, or can someone send me, a detailed
explanation of the "Nominal" type (aka "Nomenclatural" type) of TCS
instance?

Thanks, and I hope the SEEK meeting is going well (despite the atmosphere of
global mourning).

Aloha,
Rich