[SEEK-Taxon] Taxon Concept Transfer Schema - Wiki pages

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 06:27:07 PDT 2004

Hi Folks

We've set up a wiki page (under development!) to contain or refer to information and discussion on the TDWG Taxon Concept Transfer Schema.

Firstly there is a lot of work to do yet with it - but there have been discsussions going on that not everyone has been party to and this is making life difficult.
So we've tried to pull together information from a variety of sources including the meeting in Edinburgh and follow-on discussions; some relevant discussions on the SEEK taxon list; discussion with other TDWG standards people and people with whom we have had meetings to discuss the schema into some sort of order (apologies if it doesn't read well or doesn't exactly reflect the dicsussions had to date) .

The URL is http://tdwg.napier.ac.uk

We might change how the wiki works/looks but will keep the content. I just wanted to let you all know about this now as the compiling and integrating of discussion is difficult and would like people to use the wiki directly if possible.

Have a look - if there are any general issues about it please let me know - but we're really using it to try to keep arguments together to help in decision making.

So please feel free to enter your comments (try to keep your comments to the topic under question so we can follow arguments if at all possible. You are free to start new topics if you think that is more sensible.

We will probably have a decisions taken section so you know our current thinking - to which of course you can always contribute to try and change our minds.....

If you know of others who should be contributing please feel free to circulate.

thanks,

Jessie

Prof. Jessie B Kennedy
School of Computing
Napier University
Merchiston Campus
10 Colinton Road	tel:	+44 (0)131-455-2772
Edinburgh		fax:   	+44 (0)131-455-2727
EH10 5DT		mobile:	07974948703
Scotland		email: j.kennedy at napier.ac.uk