[SEEK-Taxon] SEEK Taxon Working Group

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Fri Sep 19 12:06:50 PDT 2003

Dr. Martin Pullan
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh

Hi Martin --

Would you be interested in joining the SEEK Project Taxon Working Group?
The members serve as advisors and intellectual contributors in our ongoing
architecture and implementation discussions as we had in Jessie's office a
few weeks ago, but with a slightly bigger group.  Likely 2-3 meetings a year
for 2-3 days each, mostly in the US, but starting in Portugal next month.  I
really enjoyed our discussion and clearly you would be an excellent
contributor and asset to the group.

The SEEK project web site with a project description is at
http://seek.ecoinformatics.org.  The project has about another 4 to 4.5
years of duration.

I also thought this might be one sneaky way to pay for your airfare to
Portugal to run the TDWG Names Subgroup meeting.

I'll be in York next Thursday and Friday, we could talk by phone then or
continue by e-mail as you wish.

Many thanks for considering it.

Jim B.

PS:
Bill Michener at the University of New Mexico holds all of our travel money
and has a travel agency which can book flights. They need to be on US
carriers or US code shares with airlines from other nations.  SEEK would
also cover your hotel and per diem (meal) costs for all of the meetings.

We have an agent in Edinburgh who can twist your arm.

James H. Beach
Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard