[seek-taxon] RE: some ideas

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Sat Sep 13 09:00:02 PDT 2003

Dave --

Thanks for this interesting set of ideas.  Let me forward them to Matt
Jones, Jessie Kennedy, Susan Gauch,  and Bertram Ludaescher to see what they
think.  I will (and maybe they will hopefully also) get back to you early
next week and we'll make some decisions.

Jessie, Bertram, Susan and Matt --  Would you have any thoughts on these
suggestions from Dave Thau on possible work areas for semantic processing of
classifications.  These are just early thoughts from Dave, he has not talked
in depth with anyone of us yet.

We have proposed to Dave that we would hire him as a consultant on the SEEK
Taxon group for an initial 30 day period to research the scope of challenges
with the semantic processing of multiple classifications.  So this is just
very preliminary and it would be very useful for SEEK if you had any
thoughts for Dave on the challenges he describes.

-- Jim

James H. Beach
Biodiversity Research Center
University of Kansas