[SEEK-Taxon] Meeting data convergence?

Robert K. Peet peet at unc.edu
Fri Nov 7 04:45:41 PST 2003

Hello all,

I think we have a solution emerging.

Susan - I am guessing that you really intended to write that you prefer to
not meet on Jan 23 (I assume 24=Sat was a typo; I hope you did not mean
26).

Jessie - I observe on Expedia a set of flights that fit pretty well: 22Jan
EDI->SBA 10:35am-9:10pm; 29Jan SBA 10:30am-9:55AM (+1day) $941.  For the
sake of discussion I will assume approximately these flights.

Option 1: SEEK meets for three days at NCEAS Jan 26-28, and
allows Jessie, myself and related others to look at the VegBank taxon
model on the 23, and if necessary part of the weekend.

Option 2: The SEEK meeting would start at 2:00pm on Monday (26)  and last
2.5 days.  This allows the Kansas folks to depart from home on Monday
morning, and for the VegBank analysis group to meet Monday morning and not
mess up the weekend as much.

Option 3: If The KU crowd wishes to get home earlier, we could go for 2.5
days with KU folks flying in Sunday night and departing early afternoon on
Wednesday.

Please let me know your preferences among these options ASAP.  I would
like to notify Gail at NCEAS today if at all possible.

Bob

 Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3280  USA       Email:  peet at unc.edu

             http://www.bio.unc.edu/faculty/peet/