[seek-taxon] Hiring

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Fri May 23 11:08:45 PDT 2003

SEEK Taxon WG Human Resource News

KU has hired an undergraduate EECS major, Robert Gales, to work on the Taxon
WG prototypes.  He will work full time for the summer and be housed in the
Biodiversity Research Center at KU.  Aimee Stewart will develop 50% time on
the TWG going forward.

We had a KU SEEK meeting yesterday, 5/22/03, to follow-up on the scoping of
development tasks for the next 30-60 days at KU. The notes for the meeting
are on the temporary WIKI site, http://speciesanalyst.net/seek. We decided
in our meeting yesterday to postpone filling the other 50% programmer slot,
because we can't use a another person yet. We'll re-evaluate the timing of
that hire/allocation at the end of the summer, when the development work
gets into high gear, we'll surely use that slot!

We will be contacting Matt about getting a CVS account for Robert.

Robert's e-mail address is: rgales at eecs.ku.edu.

Have a great weekend.

Jim B.

James H. Beach