[seek-taxon] RE: SEEK versus TDWG

Beach, James H beach at ku.edu
Mon Aug 11 11:10:20 PDT 2003

Stan --

I have not been following it closely, but we do set up the seek all-hands
and developer meeting dates a year in advance and it is really tough for 25
people from all corners of the earth to rearrange their schedules to
accommodate a change in those meeting dates. The Taxon subgroup on the other
hand would have the option and a little easier logistics to consider making
a change. I think where we left it was, up in the air, in our last
conference call, we were torn between meeting with tdwg and our
co-developers on the five other seek subgroups.  It's not an easy call, but
as far as I recall it was left unresolved. I know Jessie, Bob Peet, myself,
and others in the Taxon WG were interested in doing both in theory, which is
practically impossible given current travel schedules.

We have a SEEK Taxon working group call scheduled for this Wednesday I will
raise the subject again and we'll hopefully sort it out.

Did you say that if several of the SEEK Taxon WG people were able to make
TDWG that we would likely be able to find a room to meet for a day or two
among ourselves with visitors in addition to the TDWG activities?  Which
dates do you think would be available for us to do that?  On either side of
TDWG?  During?

Many thanks,

Jim

James H. Beach