[seek-taxon] May meeting

Robert K. Peet uniola at email.unc.edu
Mon Apr 7 09:42:25 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I wonder if we might start a bit of planning regards the seek-taxon
group.

The SEEK developers meeting is scheduled for May 10-16.  A look at the
calendar (http://seek.ecoinformatics.org/meetings/dev-20030510/index.html)
shows that the taxon group is scheduled to meet only May 15. Based on our
last two meeting attempts (Nov 14, Jan 30), I am of the opinion that if we
meet for only a single day we will get rather little done and again go
away frustrated with little direction for our future activities.

Would some of you be interested in an extended meeting fo the taxonomy
group, perhaps running the 3 to 3.5 days starting on Tuesday (May 13)? I
am currently planning to arrive at the meeting in late morning on Tuesday
(May 13) and to depart at noon on Friday (May 16).  I can arrive earlier
and stay longer if there is a reason.  Please let me know your interest
and availability for a longer meeting.

I think we should also try to scope the meeting in advance. Your thoughts
on how to do this would be most appreciated.

Best,
Bob

 Robert K. Peet, Professor              Phone:  919-962-6942
 Department of Biology, CB#3280         Fax:    919-962-6930
 University of North Carolina           Cell:   919-368-4971
 Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3280  USA       Email:  peet at unc.edu

             http://www.bio.unc.edu/faculty/peet/