[seek-kr] Re: next steps for KR/SMS

Rich Williams rwilliams at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 17 08:37:40 PDT 2003

Hey Bertram -

I'm not going on a honeymoon, and we're having a do-it-yourself wedding
party, so today and tomorrow are super busy organizing stuff, but I will be
around and working next week.

Do you have Protege installed?  If so, do File/Save in Format...  to save an
ontology in a different format.  I think it has an RDF-S option in the basic
installation.  I've attached what Protege gave me when I did that operation
on the measurements ontology.  There are also a couple of XML backend
plugins available (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins.html).

Not sure what you're asking in question 2.  Basically, you'd first check
that the two quantities had the same underlying SI unit type and then use
the multiplier and offset to do the conversion.  Beyond that, I'm not sure
what you need to know for what you're trying to do.

Rich