[seek-kr-sms] Modeling large scale ontologies in OWL: Unmet needs (fwd)

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:23:43 PDT 2006

This is a good explanation of a current problem in OWL, and relevant to
SEEK KR/SMS. This problem haso been addressed in OWL 1.1 via qualified
cardinality restrictions.  Interestingly, I believe OBOE was recently
criticized for using the same property name with two distinct domains (the
"hasSubject" property), however, this email argues that this is often a
useful approach.

-shawn