[seek-kr-sms] relations in TCS

Nico Franz franz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 4 13:34:15 PST 2005

Hi Dave:

   That was Shawn's question I think. For an update check out the
following manuscript: http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/~franz/pdf/Cardiff.pdf

- Table 1 (p. 31) shows "additional terms" to be used in conjunction
with the five basic relationships; and
- Fig. 3 (p. 37, caption on p. 34) schematically illustrates the five
basic relationships.

   There's a bit of discrepancy between the concept relationships
"allowed" in the TCS and our current thoughts about the most helpful
terms we want to equip experts with to do these concept mappings. I'd
say right now the TCS gets a 7 out of 10 for nomenclatural relationships
(not much to design there for us, but the TCS is not yet complete in
that department and not too well structured), and maybe a 5 out of 10
for concept relationships. There is room for improvement..

Best,

Nico