[seek-kr-sms] KOAN2

Ferdinando Villa ferdinando.villa at uvm.edu
Wed Nov 2 09:51:45 PST 2005

KAON2 looks impressive. Feature-wise it's probably KAON2 vs.
Jena+Pellet. The thing that worries me is that only the second
alternative is open source. If we adopt KAON2 in any "deep" way and they
choose to go the way Racer has gone, we're screwed. So I suggest that if
we plan for its adoption, we figure out a design that is as modular as
possible - e.g. wrapping all ontology API into something that we can
later switch to another toolkit without changing the Kepler bindings.

ferdinando

http://kaon2.semanticweb.org/

-shawn