[seek-kr-sms] Loading ontologies without internet connectivity

Rich Williams rwilliams at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 23 10:19:29 PST 2004

This is an issue in GrOWL, but it's really an issue with the OWLAPI.  There
needs to be a way to tell it an alternative location of a resource when the
uri is not available.  You can do that for the main file (by loading it from
your local disk) but not for the imports.  Such a mechanism exists in Jena
(the  ont-policy.rdf file), so you can work with a local copy of an ontology
and its imports without changing resource names (I do it all the time when
editing in Protege).

Rich