[seek-dev] Re: [seek-kr-sms] UI

Rod Spears rods at ku.edu
Mon Jun 14 11:02:59 PDT 2004

I agree with Ferdinando and the entire problem can be boiled down to his
quote "/we need to start a synthesis (top-down) effort aimed at
understanding what's the language that shapes an ecologist's thinking
when they approach a problem/"

Of course, I think the word "language" is both literal and figurative.

I disagree with the notion that Kepler is a "/visual modeling and
analysis language/." Or if it is that, it is at too low level and the
moment entirely too difficult for the non-SEEK scientists to use. The
solution isn't "just fix Kepler's UI."   Kepler has an important role to
play in the project, it is a very powerful tool as we all know. The
point is, let's not /force /it to play role it isn't necessarily meant
to play.

Rod