[seek-kr-sms] GrOWL Applet

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Thu Jan 29 07:10:35 PST 2004

Hi all,
Here are some points/questions:
1. I believe that we have been mapping the axioms, not the model. Be
precise- we use only those semantic relations (isa arrows, restrictions,
etc) that owlapi can track after reading the owl file. And I do not
believe that it does any inference whatsoever to build the model.

2. I thought that DL has  algorithm for deciding subsumption and
algorithm that builds model for just one concept. Is there algorithm
which builds model, given set of axioms? Is it implemented?

3. If we draw model per se ( recall that 'model' is  a set of (all)
relations between sets which render the axioms true after each concept
mapped to a set and individual mapped to an element, or if you want to
know details here they are http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/rdfs.html)
then our graph would be dense:
To draw correctly the axioms like
A--isa-->B---isa-->C---isa-->D
We would have to draw:
A--isa-->B---isa-->C---isa-->D
A--isa-->C
A--isa-->D
B--isa-->D
Or may be we  can design some rule for canonical drawing of the model
and avoid the mess?

4. I liked how Bertram pictured intersections in those domain maps (see
the paper). I believe that it is natural for DL and when we wanted to
use DL in IMT I wanted to adapt it. But later on we shift to F-Logic,
and here is a point-   we have AND and OR as logical operators and we
need to distinguish logical OR of statements from Union of concepts and
AND from Intersections respectively.

Serguei Krivov