[seek-kr-sms] [protege-discussion] Re: modelling problem

Rich Williams rwilliams at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 13 12:34:58 PST 2004

I've looked at the SWEET ontologies before.  The units ontology, while
complete in the sense that many units are represented, misses the
fundamental distinction between unit and dimension that we've often
discussed as being vital.

As for the other ontologies, I couldn't load many of them due to errors from
the Jena ontology loader caused by syntax errors in the OWL files.  One file
that I got to load, time.owl, seemed incomplete and the categorizations used
seemed very ad hoc.  Until the files are at least syntactically correct, I'm
not convinced that it's worth putting more time into looking at them.

Rich