[seek-dev] Kepler 2.1 released
barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:45:52 PDT 2010
The Kepler Project is pleased to announce the release of Kepler 2.1.
Kepler 2.1 may be downloaded and installed through the Kepler 2.0 Module
Manager, accessible from the Tools menu. In the Module Manager change to
the Available Modules tab, move kepler-2.1.0 from Available Suites to
Selected Modules using the right-arrow, and click Apply and Restart.
Kepler 2.1 includes the following features and bug-fixes:
* To support module dependencies, File->Save and Save As have been
replaced by new Save and Save As actions, which save the workflow and
all necessary metadata and module artifacts into a KAR (workflows may be
saved as MoML xml files using File->Export).
* The KAR format has been updated to 2.1. The manifest module-dependency
attribute now lists all modules in use when written.
* A New KAR compliance mode preference has been implemented, allowing
precise Kepler environment replication. When opening a KAR, a user set
to Strict is prompted to use the exact versions of the modules that
created the KAR.
* The Kepler Library has been upgraded to use MetaCat 1.9.3, and the
library skin has been improved: http://library.kepler-project.org/kepler/
* Improvements to patching, suite resolution, and the Module Manager
have been made, including a user preference for checking for patches on
* The Import Dependent Modules for KAR feature has been fixed (bug #5099)
* Fixed error dialog when closing an ImageJ window after workflow
* Property settings given to kepler.sh or kepler.bat now work (bug#5115)
* Fixed crash when semantically annotating a workflow with remote
data-source during Save Archive (bug#5051)
More information about the Seek-dev