[seek-dev] kepler quicksearch

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 16 18:26:50 PDT 2005

One other concern regarding this solution: I fear that this will be
hardwired in the code, right?

I think a better solution would be to declare, e.g., via a set of views,
which fields are being queried.

That one the code wouldn't have to be changed when one decides to turn
on/off certain fields for search. In fact, the user could specify which
parts are to be searched..

We could have a user-definable search option (where to search) and a
full-text index...

Bertram