[seek-dev] Namespace in query.xsd

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 12 16:38:39 PDT 2005

Hi, devs:

After today's dicussion with matt and kevin, I recalled a long time issue
in query.xsd. I think it is time to fix it now. In query.xsd, the namespace
element has attribute maxOccurs="unbounded". This means the namespace
is repeatable and you may search multiple namespace documents in one
query. But our decision is we only search one namespace documents for one query.

I double checked the stub files in ecogrid service and found the namespace
is an array of QueryType_namespace objects rather than a single
QueryType_namespace objects. This is consistent to our current
query.xsd.

So if we changed the query schema, we need to change the stub files and
metacat, digir, geon and registry implementation classes.

Any suggestiong and comment will be appreciated.

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological
Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)