[seek-dev] RE: erro message in Digir

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Mar 8 12:10:59 PST 2005

Rod,

Somehow the translation from a service instance name to its hash number
(generated by system)
in the Tomcat server at kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu is not working properly and
this causes the problem
described in your mail.

I did a manual test for the factory service as of following.

First I created an instance by using 'ogsi-create-service' as we did before.
The instance name
is 'digir' and the system created an instance with a hash number,
hash-23475212-1110316528618.

Then I ran a client which does not request service to create instance
on-fly.

If I used the GSH with instance name 'digir', i.e.
     http://kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecog
rid/EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOneServiceFactory/digir
I received an error message saying that "The AXIS engine could not find a
target service to invoke!"

And if I used the hash number instead of instance name in GSH, i.e.
     http://kuecogrid.ittc.ku.edu:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecog
rid/EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOneServiceFactory/hash-23475212-1110316528618

The DiGir query worked fine.

Bing