[seek-dev] Howto for deploying ogsa web service.

Peter McCartney peter.mccartney at asu.edu
Tue Aug 30 09:00:16 PDT 2005

Hi kevin. Im afraid i cant be much help, but Ive recently hired Yin Ding to
build a similar set up for our Xanthoria metadata catalog. Im cc'ing him and
Jing in the hope that the three of you can link up. We have an ecogrid
compliant version, but are as yet totally lacking the Globus toolkit support.

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 08:08 am, Kevin Ruland wrote:
> Hi.  I believe this should rightly be addressed to Jing, but if anybody
> else can help, please respond.
>
> I'm trying to deploy the ecogrid Digir web service on a development box
> and am having no ends of trouble.  So far I have accomplished this:
>
> 1) installed globus toolkit 3.2.1 (as user globus)
> 2) installed the SimpleCA
> 3) generated host key/cert
> 4) installed tomcat 4.1.31 (as user tomcat)
> 5) generated user key/cert for user tomcat
> 6) co seek/projects/ecogrid into personal workspace
>
> The ecogrid build_digir.xml does not seem completely formed, but ant
> does seem to build a gar file in build/lib/.
>
> I then as root,
>
>  cd $GLOBUS_LOCATION
> ant -Dtomcat.dir=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31
> -Dgar.name=/home/kruland/ecogrid/build/lib/org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcoGr
>idQueryInterfaceLevelOne.DigirImpl.gar redeployTomcat
>
> This copies tons of jar files into the tomcat distribution, and creates
> a webapp.  The web-app is not completely well formed because the
> org.ecoinformatics....Digir jar files are not included.  And comparing
> to the gar produced by buildsrb.xml it does look completely wacky.
>
> Is there a concise reference which I can follow for building a gar file
> correctly?  Also, a description of what a proper deployment of a grid
> service should look like
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin

Peter McCartney (peter.mccartney at asu.edu)
International Institute for Sustainability
Arizona State University
(480 965-6791