[seek-dev] update on Kepler actors for TOS access

Robert Gales rgales at ku.edu
Mon Aug 15 14:28:14 PDT 2005

Hi Matt,

The only actor that TOS will need is the web services actor.  We have
added quite a number of API methods that work with simple types or
arrays of simple types specifically so it can be used.  I did some
preliminary testing just to ensure that the web services actor would
support everything we needed, but found that there were some issues with
its handling of arrays.  I made a couple of minor changes awhile back
that seemed to get it working with the stubs I had created, but there
have been a few changes to it since the version I was working with.
Tomorrow A.M., I'll merge my changes with those, retest and send a patch
to Ilkay.

Other than that, the "get best concept from a name string" method is
given us a bit of grief at the moment, but the rest of the methods that
were defined as necessary for the niche modelling use case have been
implemented.

Cheers,
Rob