[seek-dev] Today's Ecogrid Call

Rod Spears rod at rodspears.com
Fri Sep 17 07:53:25 PDT 2004

Thinks to think about before we meet:

1) The Eml200DataSource uses the Ecogrid to get Metadata about an item
and then returns the data for that item as a single table. The
QueryBuilder can be used to reduce the number of columns that are pass
through the ports, but is not necessarily a require part of this data
object.

2) What else will we be using the generic QueryBuilder for? Meaning what
kind of data object will be returning more than one table that is not an
Ecogrid Query?
    2.1) I think we have talked about this when the user will be
accessing local data files; thru HSQL?  JDBC?
        2.1.1) If so, then how do they discover and get their local data
into Kepler?

3) Do we need a more generic EcogridDataSource object that can execute
generic Ecogrid Queries? And if so, do we need an Ecogrid Query specific
QueryBuilder instead of a generic one?

4) Do we need a DiGIR Data Source object, or would this be covered by
#2. If it was DiGIR specific than we could get data from node that may
not be register???? (I am not sure)

Rod

--
Rod Spears