[seek-dev] Ecogrid registry service

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Fri Oct 22 11:33:51 PDT 2004

Jing and Rod,

The ecogrid query service now is running with following GSH.
http://sasa.sdsc.edu:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/registry/
EcogridRegistryService

(For viewing a list of available services in this place, please type in
the URL of "http://sasa.sdsc.edu:8080/ogsa/services" in a internet browser.)

I have checked in all implementation code into cvs area. And also
I uploaded registry client code along with pre-compiled jar files
and a readme file in the following place,

   dev.nceas.ucsb.edu:/home3/dev/zhu/reg_client

, which also has sample code for calling registry client APIs within other
applications such as Kepler.

Rod has mentioned that current implementation of creating a registry entry
operation
doesn't have a place for user to add meta data for the xml document of
a registry entry. We can talk over it in our meeting at Kansas. The current
implementation is totally based on Metacat technology. I wonder if we need
similar
implementation using other data management systems such as SRB for which we
can
discuss it during our meeting.

Sincerely,
Bing