[seek-dev] Ltergrid / ecogrid security discussion at ecogrid breakout meeting at seek ahm

James W Brunt jbrunt at lternet.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:46:48 PDT 2004

Ecogridders -

Charged by Matt with looking at options for certificate management and
authentication, I included this topic in meetings we're having with GRID
NMI group on developing a global IT infrastructure for LTER - LTERGrid.
By the end of our second meeting there was a lot of interest by NMI in
trying to adapt a software stack solution that they maintain for GEON
and BIRN to Ecogrid. A number of the folks we're (LTER) interacting with
are coming to the all-hands meeting and I'd like to have an hour of the
ecogrid breakout group time to introduce what they are doing with us and
to discuss the options at hand for dealing with security including the
certificate authority and authentication issues. Those I think that are
coming are John McGhee, Randy Butler, and Von Welch. I'll also forward a
document along shortly that discusses these security options.

Thanks,

James

--
James W. Brunt
Associate Director for Information Management