[seek-dev] need Metacat info

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Oct 5 10:03:20 PDT 2004

Jing,

As I mentioned in a previous mail, we need to store datasets
for all Ecogrid registries under one user account so that we
can treat it as a collection.

Therefore I need your help for the followings as soon as possible.

(1) in the test Metacat,
http://indus.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb-oracle/metacatplease,
    create a user account, EcoRegAdmin.
(2) Would you send a sample query document which searches all
    datasets (files and metadata) belonging to (or owned by) one user?
    This is important for implementing the getAllRegistries() operation
    in Ecogrid registry service.
(3) Please also provide a sample query document which searches datasets
    owned by one user and having a metadata field with matching string
    value.

Thanks.

Bing