[seek-dev] Re: [kepler-dev] When Searching

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 4 09:36:11 PDT 2004

Hi Rod,
    I had some thoughts on a specific example of search and return
fields that I thought I would pass on.

    As part of the GARP workflow, we have the need for an actor to query
DiGR to return species occurance information; this informatin is to be
used as an input to GARP calculations. I must admit that I currently
don't understand DiGR and Darwin Core well enough to even formulate such
a query, but I think Ricardo Pereira there at KU may have already been
creating such queries for some GARP work. But we need to have an actor
which will return occurance/abundance data for a number (~1000) species.

    The current thinking is that we need to run numerous parallel
calculations (one for aach species), so we need to create a list of
specied occurance data (DiGR query?), remove a species from the list
when GARP has been run for that species, and save the GARP results for
later analyses.

    So, in any case, it seems we need some query capability beyond the
Data Search Tab.

Dan Higgins

-----

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu