[seek-dev] Re: [kepler-dev] When Searching

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Mon Oct 4 07:25:41 PDT 2004

Rod:

When you searching (for keywords I suppose) across all fields, what do
you return? If this query is of the form: "Find all datasets having
metadata that contains keyword X", then maybe you can use a single
index across all of the metadata to speed up search (but don't know
whether speed is even an issue). But I was reminded of nested
query/spatial range query that was discussed earlier and that had
performance issues...

Bertram