[seek-dev] data

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Mar 16 08:51:00 PST 2004

Deana,

I took a look at the site containing the data.  In order to get it into
EcoGrid reasonably, we really should develop some EML metadata
descriptions of the products you are interested in from that site.  I'm
not sure how much work that would be -- depends on how complex and
variable the different data sources are.  Once we have an EML
description of each source, we can add them to the EcoGrid (currently
that means manually adding the EML and the data to one of the EcoGrid
systems).  My guess is that Metacat and SRB could be used for this one,
but DiGIR is probably not appropriate for this data type.  Jing is
working on putting EcoGrid access capabilities into Kepler, so once the
data sets are accessible in EcoGrid you should be able to use them in
Kepler in the workflow Chad is developing.

Matt