[seek-dev] data

Deana Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Wed Feb 25 14:12:55 PST 2004

At the BEAM/AMS/KR meeting in early Feb, we designed a first application
for the ecological niche modelling community, that involves analyzing
the effect of various modeled climate change scenarios on mammal
populations.  To do the analysis, we need to use climate data from the
following site:

IPCC climate change:    http://ipcc-ddc.cru.uea.ac.uk/

There will be other sites as well; I'll let you know when I find out
what they are.  We will need to either set these up as nodes on the
EcoGrid, or mirror the sites on one of our nodes.  Could someone please
take a look at this site, and let me know if that is possible any time
in the near future?  I am currently trying to figure out exactly which
data are needed, and what we will have to do to them to get them into
the workflow Chad is constructing.

Thanks,
Deana

--
********

Deana D. Pennington, PhD
Long-term Ecological Research Network Office

UNM Biology Department
MSC03  2020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001