[seek-dev] gis files

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 16 09:34:12 PST 2004

hi ricardo and deana,

I'm trying to get the layer data to load into GRASS.  I'm having
problems because it doesn't know what a .raw file is.  What format is
.raw?  is there some way to convert it to a different format?  how do I
enterpret the filenames of the garp test data?  I see that there are
_ann files which I think are annotations (vector files) and there is one
_dem file, which is probably raster information, but what are the rest?

Can you give me a description for each of these files:

                  h_flowacc.raw  pre6190_ann.raw  vap6190_ann.raw
DataPoints.txt   h_flowdir.raw  rad6190_ann.raw  wet6190_ann.raw
frs6190_ann.raw  h_slope.raw    tmn6190_ann.raw  World.dxl
h_aspect.raw     h_topoind.raw  tmp6190_ann.raw
h_dem.raw        mask.raw       tmx6190_ann.raw

Thanks,
chad